Sometimes a fun, quick activity can help shake-up and add energy to the keyboarding classroom. These are just a few ideas you might want to try.
- Have the person sitting next to them watch technique and give constructive suggestions.
- Put a piece of candy on each hand. They get to eat it at the end of the activity if it is still on their hand.
- Students each get three pieces of candy. Each time they mess up on technique you or their partner take one. At the end of the drill, they get to keep what they have left.
Touch Typing Ideas
- Type the alphabet forward and backward.
- "Type that Tune"--just turn on the radio. Students type as much of the song as they can as it is being sung. Emphasize--NO finger watching!
- Time the students for 1, 2, or 3 minutes. Have them type as many words as they can think of beginning with different letters of the alphabet.
- For numbers have them type by multiples of twos, or threes, etc.
CONTRIBUTOR: Shauna Whittekiend, Business Educator and Education Specialist for KeyMaster Electronics, LLC